Monday, February 19, 2007

President's D

1:04am
B-Trip: Home

What am I doing?

It's so late.

I'm home from an agonizing hockey game and need to take a shower before bed. But since I have to do that, I figure I may as well pinch a loaf.

Or if not a loaf, at least as crouton.

But the D is being so reluctant. C'mon, man. Don't be shy. Come see what the world has to offer.

There....A little sumpin' sumpin'.

Good night, folks!


8:40am
B-Trip: Home

Well, well, well....Rise & shine.

Now the D is ready to go.

Apparently my insides, frustrated with last night's recalcitrance, spent the last several hours teaching this D who's boss.

Turns out it's not Judith Light, after all.


3:50pm
B-Trip: Home

The house is quiet. Elle's Taking G*.

A few hours ago I dropped my relatives off at LAX. Now, after returning emails and trying to catch up on all facets of my empire, I've settled down for a long winter's D.

For anyone annoyed with the current office holder this President's Day, I urge you to check out this amusing LA Times column about Millard Fillmore, arguably our lamest president, by George Pendle.

The best line:

American Heritage magazine said that "to discuss Millard Fillmore is to overrate him."

Ouch.

*G = a nap. D = poo. (To my knowledge, you can't take any other letters.)

No comments: