Thursday, February 1, 2007

Feb-BREW-ary

At the start of any new month, it behooves the soul to take a look back: What did I accomplish? What areas of my life could I improve upon? How many D's did I take?

The soul's nosy like that.

While I continue to search for answers to the first two questions, I got the last one all squared away:

91.

Wow...could that be? 91 D's??!! Sure seems like a lot. I mean, if each of my D's drove in a run I would have damn near cracked the Top 50 RBI Leaders in 2006. (Sadly, Orioles catcher Ramon Hernandez and I remain on the bubble.)

I suppose if you're on a 3-per-day clip, such clutch-hitting numbers stand to reason. But still...

(For the record, I realize I've not yet posted all 91 D's just yet. I'll get there. It's just a little difficult getting motivated to sit down at the old laptop and conjure up the specifics of that D you took three weeks ago.)

But that's why it's important to always take copious notes! I'll regurgitate soon.


8:10am

B-Trip: Home

You ever sit on the toilet, pondering just what could possibly be unique enough about this particular b.m. to share it with the world?

You sit there thinking: "It's just an everyday Morning D. What could possibly warrant reporting?"

Anxious and stressed, you may not notice when Divine Intervention comes your way. As per usual, it occurs in mundane fashion. This morning, it was the parting of my neighbors.

Donna & Ken are a charming couple in their 50's and lovely neighbors. Ken is a grizzled New Yorker, while Donna is an active Texan with blond hair and an adorable drawl. She always seems to be heading off to tennis, mountain biking, or any number of physical activities. It wouldn't surprise me if she still gets carded.

Anyway, I hear her say goodbye, presumably with a Jai-Alai basket slung over her shoulder. Seconds later, the door swings open and Ken shouts after her:

"Honey, have you seen my manbag?"

From what I could gather, he said it with a straight face. Such ability is I gift I do not possess. Certainly, they both heard my laughter blurt through the bathroom window.

The classic Seinfeld episode came to mind, so I did some research on this manbag phenomenon. It's not pretty. First, consider their witty slogan: 'If it's not a Manbag, it's a purse!'

I got news for ya...It's still a purse.

Manbag (actually Man-n-Bag, due to some surly ManBag rights holder, I'm sure) comes in three fashionable styles: Axible, DayTrek, and Messenger. Each of which is as Sold Out as it is ridiculous. Guess you'll have to hit the black market for that perfect Valentine's Day Manbag.

I realize we all have a lot to carry around, but I'm quite certain that real men don't carry 'manbags'. Nor 'murses'.

They haul gunny-sacs.


3:50pm
B-Trip: Home

Another Working Man's D. All at once. In & out. The quintessential weekday afternoon maneuver.

That is, for someone like me on a constant search for his next dollar.

When gainfully employed, of course, I like my workday D's more casual.

Because there's only thing better than Taking D...

Getting paid to Take D.


11:05pm
B-Trip: Home

Another quickie. A Drive-Thru D.

But I still hung around for a few moments to get my Scooter fix.

No comments: