Sunday, January 21, 2007

Spicy & Insistent

9:03am
B-Trip: Home

D waits for no man. Certain D's, at least. This morning, my bowels had no patience for the leisure of a Morning D. They were ready to leave their mark on the day..and I had no choice but to obey.

The likely culprits were the jalapenos in the enchiladas my wife whipped up for a late dinner last night after we got home from Pan's Labyrinth. (Great movie, btw...though less 'fantastical' than the trailers lead you to believe. At least 85% of the movie takes place in the real world. David Bowie's Labyrinth this is not. Now your expectations have been properly set. Oh, and it's in Espanol so bring your reading glasses).


4:40pm
B-Trip: Home

As aromatic as D's get. Because I take several D's-a-day, they often aren't too terribly foul. (I'm no scientist, but I assume keeping D's backed up causes them to ferment and reek.)

But this time was indecent.

In our house, an offense this grave requires both B-Trip windows to be opened and a dash of the peony-scented spray sitting amicably on the back of the toilet to be administered. This is particularly the case when my wife is sitting in the office (aka, within breathing distance). Since we live in Southern California, I try to be gentlemanly and remember to open the window each time to let some fresh air in. A D like this makes such a step mandatory.


8:25pm
B-Trip: Home

I play ice hockey on Sunday evenings. Taking D before gamer gives you that extra pep in your step. So that's exactly what I'm doing right now. Encouraging pep.

No comments: