Monday, January 22, 2007

D, Interrupted

8:30am
B-Trip: Home

Settled down for Morning D with the Health section of the LA Times. Article about procrastination. The tranquility is shattered moments later when a guy starts trimming the neighbors' hedges right outside our bedroom window. Elle, a wedding photographer whose primary motivation of starting her own business was the desire to sleep in on Mondays, is still asleep. Long story short....this isn't going to end well for any of us.

We have just one B-trip in our home, so every once in a while we have a 'situation'. For example, now. I hear the bedroom door open and a tired "Babe, are you almost done?" I was, at best, approaching done. But I quickly tidied up so as to minimize her wait outside the door. Accelerating one's D completion when called upon is surely one facet of maintaining a happy marriage. Had we written our own vows, I definitely would have included that.


10:55am
B-Trip: Home

I seriously could have taken this D in under a minute. Neat, tidy, and swift. A working man's D. But I lingered for a few moments to read an article about spontaneous combustion in the Health section.

No comments: